WHAT IS FREE HERE?
HOW DO I KNOW HOW I CAN USE EACH ITEM?
HOW CAN I USE THE COMMERCIAL USE ITEMS THAT DON’T REQUIRE THE LICENSE?
My downloads that are free to use commercially without the license are items you can use however you’d like…you can make your own freebies out of them, use them on sites like cafepress.com to create print-on-demand items you sell, use them in digital scrapbook kits you sell, etc. There really is no limit on how you can use those although I do hope that you won’t claim them as your own (saying for example, YOU created this set of brushes and are sharing them), offer the exact freebie re-branded under your own name, or just repackage my free downloads and re-sell them (such as packaging up some of my free png overlays and selling them on your site as ones you created)….that’s not what I started this blog for and it’s just plain un-cool. You can find all of those free downloads conveniently grouped right HERE
WHAT IF I JUST WANT STUFF TO USE IN MY OWN PERSONAL DESIGNS?
Basically, every single download posted here on the blog is a free to download item you can use in any of your personal digital designs. Personal means you aren’t selling or making money off of them, you’re designing something to give away to a friend or family member, etc. So anything that requires the license for commercial is still available to you to use personally.
Below you’ll find some helpful links…I do include these with all of the current downloads here on the site as a txt file, but wanted to keep them up here on the blog just in case.
I am not affiliated with these links in any way, but they will give you a good start to
learning how to install Photoshop content if you’ve never done it before. A google search
will also help you find more information-
Some of my freebies here on the blog will say for you to click the image once, it will load full size, then right click and save. Sometimes the images don’t work that way and you may have to right click the image, choose ‘open image in new tab’ for it to load full size.
- Using Vectors In Illustrator: http://gomedia.com/zine/tutorials/step-by-step-using-the-vector-packs/
- Using Vectors In Photoshop: http://vectorguru.org/software/how-to-open-and-use-vectors-in-photoshop.html
- Installing Photoshop Brushes: http://www.wikihow.com/Install-Photoshop-Brushes
- Installing Photoshop Styles: https://creativemarket.com/blog/2013/09/13/how-to-install-use-photoshop-layer-styles
- Installing Photoshop Shapes: http://www.obsidiandawn.com/installing-using-photoshop-custom-shapes
- More Installing Info For Photoshop Goodies: http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/photoshop/qt/installcontent.htm
- Installing Fonts In Windows: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1155-fonts-install.html
- Creative Market’s ‘How To’ section on their blog with tutorials: https://creativemarket.com/blog/category/how-to
- Installing Photoshop Styles In Elements: http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/pselements/qt/oldlayerstyles.htm
- Installing Photoshop Brushes In Elements: http://digitalscrapperclasses.com/forums/showthread.php?4621-Photoshop-Elements-Windows-How-to-Install-Brushes
- Installing Photoshop Shapes In Elements: http://scrapgirls.com/blog/custom-shapes-in-photoshop-elements/
- How to use an alpha sheet: http://scraporchard.com/forum/showthread.php/21327-Using-Alpha-Sheets
Tutorials on how to sample colors from swatches into Photoshop or Elements….
- How to sample colors in Photoshop with the eye dropper tool HERE
- How to sample colors in Elements with the eye dropper tool HERE